Saturday, March 9, 2013

Thank You!


Thank you to everyone who made 2012 Year of Smalls possible.  It was such a fun journey.  I am sorry this gratitude is so late.  

I hope you all can carry on with the fun of stitching and finishing smalls on your own.  There are so many fabulous charts out there.  

It was a lot of work to coordinate the year of smalls; and that is one reason I did not continue with another year of smalls.  But don't let that stop you!  I had a couple of ideas for more themes.....the two I liked best was year of patriotic smalls!!!  My other favorite, and one that I did not think would translate too well, was year of people smalls.  That would be where you take just part of a chart or sampler.  The part where there is a cute woman or child....and just stitch and finish her into a little fob or pin cushion.  I still have to get going on that one myself.  

So, thank you small stitchers for your enthusiasm and your posts!  What a fun time it was!!!

love,
laura duet

4 comments:

  1. Thank YOU, Laura, for such a fun year of smalls! I have my kits and am looking forward to stitching them. I like your ideas for themes -- great ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura - thanks to you and Cathy at Inspired Needle for putting on this smalls blog for 2012. Even though I didn't stitch them all - I still had fun and enjoyed seeing others finish theirs. I also enjoyed your stitcher meets and greets and getting to know a little about other bloggers. Hope you are having a great year and I think the patriotic smalls is a great idea. You already have the blog set up - if you are game I'm sure there is interest - cheers Mel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Сколько всего у Вас интересного)

    ReplyDelete