Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year...

My name is Vonna and I blog over at The Twisted Stitcher .

I have been following this "2012 Year of Smalls Blog" since its inception and thought I'd give this first "assignment" a go.

Happily I finished stitching these in the last three days and finished them last night. Maybe it might inspire some of you to do some over one stitching...as this really turned out gorgeous. I'm tickled pink over it.

Poinsetta House

Poinsetta House finish

"Poinsettia House"
stitched one over one on 25 ct. Lugana Country French Mocha
stitched with DMC and Crescent Colours as charted


I kept thinking that the urn of poinsettias would be gorgeous as an oval ornament so I stitched one for each of my daughters:
Sister Ornaments

Poinsetta Urn Ornament

"Sister Ornaments"
stitched on 28 ct. mystery linen


And here  is a photo of all three...I thought it was funny the size differences:

 
ornaments

Thank you to Laura for allowing me to join in the fun! I can't wait for our next "assignment"!
Happy New Year to you all, and pop on over to see me at my blog!
~Vonna

9 comments:

  1. oh wow Vonna!! It is STUNNING done over one as an ornament!!! Love the urns separately as well. Great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely as always...Happy New Year Vonna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vonna~What a great job you did. I love the fact that you went a step further and did the extra pieces. Excellent stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally fabulous and gorgeous in every way! Thanks for posting Vonna!!! I want to stitch those urns as ornaments too!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous finishes!!!! I love all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love what you did with these, Vonna...all are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful finishing, Vonna! I showed my customer today what you had done with the poinsettia ornaments and she wants to do them, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Smashing finishes Vonna ! Simply beautiful - elegant - creative as always. YGG - glad you are a part of this group. Melody

    ReplyDelete